PAC is a mode of air-plasma cutting. It is provided by deep penetration of the metal by plasma arc in cutting zone; at this the pressure air jet continuously removes melted metal from cutting interstice.
Plasma is an ionized high-temperature gas which is capable to conduct the electric current. Plasma arc come out from ordinary arc in special device – plasma-torch – due to pressure and insufflation of plasma-making gas.
Advantages of plasma cutting in compared with gas cutting
- Considerably higher speed of cutting for metal of small and middle thickness;
- Universality of application – for steel, aluminium and their alloys, copper and their alloys, cast iron and other materials;
- Precise and high-quality cuts, which excepts or significantly reduce the following mechanical treatment;
- Economy of air-plasma cutting – it is no necessity in expensive gases (acetylene, oxygen, propane-butane);
- Possibility of cutting the piece of difficult shapes;
- Very short time of burning (for oxygen cutting it is a necessity of continuous preliminary heating);
- More safe mode of cutting because of absence highly explosive balloons with gas;
- Low level of environment’s pollution.